The AutoStop® Heavy Brake Meter is a decelerometer designed to test service and emergency brakes of heavy and slow-moving vehicles, off-road vehicles and even forklifts used in the transport and mining industries.
Meets All of the requirements for the ISO 3450 Testing :
- Compliant with roadworthy regulations around Australia
- Compliant with AS3450/ISO3450 Australian Standard
- Compliant with SANS 1589 brake testing
- Compliant with SANS 10047 brake testing
- Compliant with ECE R13 – Rule 13
- Compliant with Federal Regulation FMVSS 135 and FMVSS 571 – USA
- Compliant with Transport Canada – CMVSS 135
- Calibration that is internationally traceable through NATA (accreditation #20559)
- Prints an accurate test report that complies with International Standards
- Calculates and displays average and maximum deceleration, distance to stop, test speed and pedal force required to stop the vehicle
- 12 month calibration interval
- Data logging and download to PC through USB or Bluetooth – USB cable included
- Built in GPS/Glonass receiver providing the latitude and longitude of test position
- Uses AutoTest Paper Roll Pack
AutoStop® Heavy is an electronic in-vehicle brake-testing device. Fully compliant with Transport Authority requirements, AutoStop® Heavy is designed to test service and emergency brakes of
heavy and slow-moving vehicles, off-road transport and even forklifts. Portable and user friendly, AutoStop® Heavy brake performance tester measures average and maximum deceleration, stopping distance,
test speed and pedal-force required to stop a heavy vehicle.
Once the vehicle has come to a stop, the brake tester evaluates the brakes’ performance and prints the results of the test. AutoStop® Heavy comes with a data logging facility that allows stored tests to be
downloaded to a PC for storage and analysis. By providing an accurate report and confirming braking performance, employers can protect personnel and ensure that vehicles comply with Occupational Health & Safety concerns.
AutoStop® Heavy is capable of providing physical evidence of brake performance before and after any vehicle alterations, mitigating risks.
Brake Regulation Summary
The UNECE (United Nations Economic Commission for Europe) has published a table of Brake Regulation Requirements for every country.
What is the Purpose of the Brake Test?
The purpose of the brake test is to see if a vehicle’s braking performance is consistent with your experience of other vehicles of a similar make and model. Most vehicles will achieve 0.6g (light vehicles)
with the rear brakes inoperative, so you should look for a lower than average reading for that make or type of vehicle. Lower than expected readings indicate that something is wrong. It is important that the
brake tester is seen as a diagnostic tool and not just a pass/fail gauge.
When the brake test is completed, you can print a copy of the test result showing the peak deceleration and attached to your test report.
The AutoStop Heavy® Brake Meter (tester) does not show a “PASS” or “FAIL” as the regulations for a pass or fail are different in every state and territory. Check the regulations in your area to see how it
effects your testing requirements.
- STEP 1: Secure the Heavy in the vehicle with its strap or optional floormounted magnet, in a horizontal position, with the lid open and facing forward. Attach the load cell to the brake pedal to
test the service brakes.
- STEP 2: Turn on the Heavy and enter the examiner’s ID and the vehicle’s registration number. Start the test by accelerating the vehicle to the required speed.
- STEP 3: Apply the brakes by pressing your foot on the load cell attached to the brake pedal, until the vehicle is stationary.
- STEP 4: After the vehicle has come to a stop, the Heavy evaluates the brake performance, and displays and prints the test results.
Extend The Capabilities of your Autostop Heavy Brake Meter
NetBrake® software is an optional add-on specifically designed to extend the capabilities of your AutoStop Heavy Brake Meter to a powerful fleet management and reporting tool. This vehicle database and brake
test reporting software assists the mining and heavy vehicle industries in Australia to manage brake test records, and brake test Standards and calculations for their fleets.
By upgrading your Brake Meter software, you can set the standard in your area, and it will show a “PASS” or “FAIL”. See the full capabilities of NetBrake® software, and additional inclusions.
- Calculates and displays average and maximum deceleration, distance to stop, test speed and pedal-force required to stop the vehicle
- Prints two original reports (one for the customer, the other for the examiner) as a permanent record of the test results, date, time, examiner’s ID number and the vehicle’s registration/VIN number
- Price Competitive
- Usb or Bluetooth interface
- Built-in printer (Dot Matrix)
- Robust construction that is water-resistant and petrol, chemical and acid proof
- Conventional (QWERTY) keypad lay-out, with tactile membrane cover LCD display
- Adjustable display contro
- Both metric and imperial units of measurement
- Built-in integrity check
- Rechargeable, sealed, acid-gel battery, with low-battery-level indicator and automatic shut-down
- Calibration that is intentionally traceable through NATA
- Interval of calibration as determined by the relevant local authority
- Low-cost spare parts, accessories and consumables
- Comprehensive after-sales service and assistance
- GPS or Glonass or Galileo positioning receiver, providing longitude and latitude
- Position acquisition time - 1 Min Maximum
- Software configurable
- Internet support hotline for diagnosis and calibration