Window tinting can diminish driver vision through vehicle windows. This compromises the safety of driver and their passengers. Safety is jeopardised when approaching vehicles with dark, non-regulatory approved window tinting. The internal space of the vehicle and its passenger’s movements are not clearly visible.
AUTOLIGHT™Plus is a portable Light Transmission Meter. The meter measures the level of light transmitted through a tinted window to determine its safety level. It is a lightweight, accurate and easy to operate tool for law enforcement officers. Some local regulations also require testing of tinted glass to ensure conformance, during vehicle safety inspections. The AUTOLIGHT™Plus meter provides inspectors with accurate readings that would otherwise be impossible by simple visual inspection. In addition the Plus feature allows results to be download to a PC throught an infrared connection. This means that results can be collected, analysis and printed at the user convenience
- Easy to operate by aligning two reader tubes
- Simple one button operation
- Can be used for side windows or windscreens
- Calculates the percentage of light transmitted through windows
- PC download capability through IRDA interface
- Stores last 10 test to memory
- Lightweight (350g)
- Compact (190mm x 60mm)
- Automatic start function
How does AUTOLIGHT™Plus work?
The light transmission meter consists of a light sensor built into the body of the instrument, a precision light source and a LCD display.
By aligning the light source and the sensor on either side of the window, the percentage of light transmitted through the window is measured. The degree of visibility is obtained from the reading
- Spectral sensitivity conforming to photopic curve V (λ) of relative illuminous efficiency of the CIE 1931 standard observer for photopic vision
- Compliant with ISO 3538:1997
- 2856ºK ± 50ºK, conforming to CIE illuminant A
- Lamp voltage stabilisted within ±0.1%
- Display: LED readout 0 - 100%, linear from 20 - 100%, ±3%